While we don’t quite have server transfers ready yet, Amazon Games have posted an update on the feature with all the functionality it will have, how it will work, and even a timeframe for when it’s coming.
We should hopefully be seeing t…
While we don't quite have server transfers ready yet, Amazon Games have posted an update on the feature with all the functionality it will have, how it will work, and even a timeframe for when it's coming.
We should hopefully be seeing the service arrive sometime next week and everyone will be getting a free transfer token, so let's take a look at all the details on what you'll have to do and what the feature offers (including paid tokens arriving at a later date, with the possibility of more free ones along the way, and only same-region transfers available):
Server Transfer (Source)
Our team has been working incredibly hard to get this feature tested and to a place where we are confident that it will perform exactly as intended. While we want everyone to find their long-term home in Aeternum as soon as possible, we also want to ensure that the process is seamless and ready for everyone to use. During our testing we uncovered some edge cases where the transfer experience does not meet our standards for its release. This means that we will be taking some extra time to get these issues resolved before we feel comfortable giving everyone their free server transfer token.
To keep everyone updated and ensure players know what to expect, we want to answer some of the top questions we’ve seen about how the server transfer will work.
How do I transfer my character?
- You need to log into your character, which means waiting in any applicable queues.
- Go to the in-game store where there will be a new tab to claim your character transfer token.
- You need to leave your Company.
- You need to remove any active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders.
- Your character must be located in a sanctuary (such as a settlement or outpost).
What comes with me when I transfer?
- You will keep all character progression (level, weapon mastery, titles, etc.).
- You will keep your Faction alliance and progress
- You will keep your inventory and storage.
- You will keep all of your currency.
- You will keep your houses and housing decorations.
- You will keep all quest progress.
What does not transfer with my character?
- Your Company membership needs to be terminated before transferring, and will not carry over.
- Active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders must be removed and will not carry over.
- Your friends list is world specific and will not transfer.
Where can I move my character to?
You can move your character to any world in your region, except:
- You cannot move your character to a full world.
- You cannot move your character to a world in maintenance.
- You cannot move your character to a world set that you have an existing character in already.
Will there be opportunities to transfer again if I choose the wrong world, the world my friends chose filled up, or I regret choosing the world I transferred to?
- Transferring again will require an additional token. Our team will continue monitoring world populations, queue times, and will evaluate the need for an additional wave of server transfer tokens to be given out for free. After we are sure players have had plenty of time to find the right server for them, we will later make server transfer tokens available for purchase in the store. We will give notice ahead of time when tokens are changing to a paid service.
We know that Server Transfers are highly anticipated and we are working diligently to provide the best possible experience for you. We appreciate your patience and anticipate transfers will be available next week. Every applicable resource has been working on this and will continue until it is done at quality.
Source: News Latest Topics https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/61330-new-world-server-transfer-feature-details-and-timing/