Blizzard has posted development notes for this week's Patch 10.0.7 build with many class changes
Hello everyone. Here is this week’s update to the 10.0.7 PTR:
- Remorseless Winter has been removed from the talent tree and now learned at level 19.
- Might of the Frozen Wastes has been removed from the talent tree and now learned at level 25.
- Frostreaper has been removed from the talent tree and now learned at level 28.
- New Talent: Fatal Fixation – Killing Machine can stack up to 1 additional time. Replaces Frostreaper on the talent tree.
- Biting Cold has moved to Remorseless Winter’s old position in the Frost specialization tree.
- Everfrost has moved to Biting Cold’s old position in the Frost specialization tree.
Obliteration now causes Soul Reaper to also grant Killing Machine and have a chance to generate a Rune during Pillar of Frost
- Developers’ note: Frost will be seeing a few updates to their tree in 10.0.7. Currently Frost feels 1 or 2 points off from being able to make more meaningful choices within their spec tree. To help ease some of this we are shifting a few talents to be auto-learned on level up and replacing them with a new or existing talent. The new version of the tree should offer a little more variety and feel less linear when allocating your talent points and give you more choice based on the content you are running.
- Sheilun’s Gift now triggers Mastery: Gust of Mist exclusively onto its primary target.
- Sheilun’s Gift healing increased by 10%.
- New Talent: Legacy of Wisdom – Sheilun’s Gift heals 2 additional allies and its cast time is reduced by 0.5 seconds.
New Talent: Skytouch – Tiger Palm applies an effect which increases your critical strike chance by 50% for 6 seconds on the target. This effect cannot be applied more than once every 1 minute per target.
- This has been added as a choice node on Skyreach for players that still want the benefit additional critical strike but do not want to dash to their target."
- New Talent: Skytouch – Tiger Palm applies an effect which increases your critical strike chance by 50% for 6 seconds on the target. This effect cannot be applied more than once every 1 minute per target.
- Seal of Mercy is now a 1 rank talent (was 2).
- Divine Toll and Divine Resonance have been added to the class tree.
- Removed Seraphim and Sanctified Wrath talents from the class tree.
- Retribution Aura has been redesigned - now grants 5% increased damage and healing for 10 seconds to all party or raid members whenever a party or raid member within 40 yards takes more than 50% of their health in damage. This can only occur once every 30 seconds.
- Sanctified Wrath has been added to the Protection tree.
- Talents positioned around the 20 point gate have been adjusted.
- Spellwarding has been moved below the 20 point gate.
- Strength in Conviction and Faith in the Light have swapped locations in the Protection tree.
- Faith’s Armor is now a 2-rank talent and now causes Shield of the Righteous to grant additional armor.
- We are hard at work on the updates to the Retribution tree and are close to being able to share it with the community and a set of in depth development notes to give an overview of what’s changed.
- We’re also making some changes to the Paladin class tree, some of which you’ll see in today’s PTR update.
- Retribution Aura in Dragonflight has functioned only as a personal throughput benefit to Paladins, locking them out of using other Auras during gameplay. We’re looking to change that, so Retribution Aura now grants 5% increased damage and healing for 10 seconds to all party or raid members whenever a party or raid member within 40 yards takes more than 50% of their health in damage. This can only occur once every 30 seconds.
- In addition to the changes to Retribution Aura, Retribution Paladins will receive a baseline passive: Instrument of Retribution - When any party or raid member within 40 yards dies, you gain Avenging wrath for 12 sec.
- Seraphim has been removed from the Paladin talent tree, in our previous developer notes we mentioned points regarding stacking auras and having an excessive amount of buttons to press. Seraphim is a fairly large factor in both and we feel it is better to take the throughput provided by this cooldown and build it into your core abilities.
- As a result of the above, we’ve decided to move Divine Toll to the Paladin class tree to ensure there’s still a powerful and exciting node at the end point of the class tree as a goal.
- We look forward to sharing more with you in the coming weeks and hearing to your feedback!
- Earth Elemental and Primal Earth Elemental no longer taunt or pulse threat to enemies the Shaman is not in combat with.
Earth Elemental and Primal Earth Elemental no longer taunt or pulse threat to enemies that are attacking a player with a tank specialization.
- Developer’s notes: We have reverted this change to Earth Elemental and Primal Earth Elemental after reviewing feedback we’ve received.
- Swirling Currents has been redesigned – Increases the healing done by Healing Stream Totem and Cloudburst Totem by 10%/20% for Restoration and 20%/40% for Elemental and Enhancement.
- Fixed an issue causing the self-cast version of Earth Shield from Elemental Orbit to not increase the healing done by Healing Stream Totem or Healing Tide Totem.
- Several talents have moved positions in the class tree.
- Earthgrab Totem now replaces Earthbind Totem. Earthgrab Totem is now the left-most option.
- Shamans that are in Ghost Wolf now display the Maelstrom resource on their Personal Resource Display instead of mana if they are Elemental specialization.
- Electrified Shocks duration increased to 9 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Electrified Shocks from applying to the primary target.
A choice node has been added below Mana Tide Totem:
- New Talent: Resonant Waters – Increases the duration of Mana Tide Totem by 4 seconds and increases its radius by 20 yards.
- New Talent: Spiritwalker’s Tidal Totem – After using Mana Tide Totem, the cast time of Healing Wave and Chain Heal is reduced by 50% and the mana cost of Healing Wave and Chain Heal are reduced by 50% for 10 seconds.
- All healing done increased by 8%.
- Acid Rain damage reduced by 20%.
- Ancestral Awakening heals for 15%/30% of the amount healed (was 10%/20%).
- Earthen Harmony has been redesigned – Earth Shield reduces damage taken by 3%/6% and its healing is increased by 50%/100% on targets below 75% health.
- Cloudburst Totem healing no longer contributes to Ancestral Guidance.
- Ancestral Awakening and Ancestral Guidance now contribute to Cloudburst Totem healing.
- Earthliving Weapon’s proc sound effect has been lowered in volume.
- A choice node has been added below Mana Tide Totem:
- Demonic Inspiration has been redesigned – Increases the attack speed of your primary pet by 5%. Increases Grimoire of Sacrifice damage by 15%.
- Wrathful Minion has been redesigned – Increases the damage done by your primary pet by 5%. Increases Grimoire of Sacrifice damage by 15%.
- Dread Touch now lasts 8 seconds (was 6 seconds).
ITEMS AND REWARDS
- The Divine Kiss of Ohn’ahra mount has been updated to its correct visual in the mount journal.
- Stolen Breath of Ohn’ahra now also drops from The Nokhud Offensive on Mythic+ difficulty.
PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
- Shadow Word: Pain and Purge the Wicked now have a spell highlight when Catharsis is above 80% of its maximum stored damage.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Void Tendrils’ root effect to persist after they’ve been destroyed.
- Skinning enemies has a new animation.
Source: News Latest Topics https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/71204-dragonflight-patch-1007-ptr-development-notes-february-7th/