Unlike how the Fire Mage has priorities, Arcane Mages have an actual rotation but lack the AoE potential. Single Target Rotation This is where this spec shines, melting single targets with a huge burst and there is no other caster that can outshine its burst opening. Basic Rotation Stack Arcane Blast x4 and then depending …
Arcane Mage PvE Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities (WotLK) Read More »
Unlike how the Fire Mage has priorities, Arcane Mages have an actual rotation but lack the AoE potential.
Single Target Rotation
This is where this spec shines, melting single targets with a huge burst and there is no other caster that can outshine its burst opening.
Stack Arcane Blast x4 and then depending on the outcome:
- Proc Missile Barrage and use Arcane Missiles
- Keep casting Arcane Blast until you get Missile Barrage and then use Arcane Missiles
- use Arcane Barrage
This depends on the talent tree you chose and your mana pool.
Mana Conserving Rotation
Stack Arcane Blast x3 and then:
Tip: you shouldn’t use Arcane Missiles unless you have 3 stacks of Arcane Blast or at least 2 stacks if you are very low on mana and the fight is still going.
High Burst Rotation
Presence of Mind → Arcane Blast x3 → ( Mirror Image + Icy Veins + Arcane Power + Hyperspeed Accelerators ) → Arcane Blast → Arcane Missiles (Only if Missile Barrage procs)
Note: Mirror Image boosts your dps only with Khadgar’s Regalia set bonus
Area of Effect Rotation
You basically have only one rotation for Arcane Mage when it comes to AoE
Flamestrike (Rank 9) → Flamestrike (Rank 8) → Blizzard
- If you are not at a close enough range, Presence of Mind will give you Arcane Potency on only a few of your Arcane Missiles projectiles and then be consumed when the first missile hits.
- You lack DoT (Damage over Time) & GCD (Global Cooldown) spells in your kit so positioning is crucial for you more than other classes, so always try to minimize your movements and always think ahead to place yourself in a position with the least movement required.
- Evocation should be used only if it’s your last option – prioritize a Mana-Saving Cycle to Evocation. If you have to Evocate do it on the very end of a haste Cooldowns.
- If no healers needs Innervate, you are the next on the list to get it! Claim it.
- You need to be ALWAYS casting 100% of the encounter unless needed.
- Targets with lower health pools are yours to take care of and no other caster can out DPS you on such targets.
Source: Gnarly Guides https://www.gnarlyguides.com/wotlk/guides/arcane-mage-pve-rotation-cooldowns-and-abilities/