Due to the ongoing Microsoft acquisition, there was no earnings call for Q4 2021. Instead, Activision Blizzard posted a press release, where we learn about "substantial new content" planned for the Warcraft franchise in 2022, including a new mobile game.
We summarized highlights of the press release below:
- In 2021, World of Warcraft delivered its strongest engagement and net bookings outside of a Modern expansion year in a decade.
- Hearthstone's fourth-quarter net bookings grew year-over-year, driven by a steady cadence of new content.
- Blizzard is planning substantial new content for the Warcraft franchise in 2022, including new experiences in WoW and Hearthstone, and getting all-new mobile Warcraft content into players' hands for the first time.
- In the Diablo franchise, Diablo 2 Resurrected sold through more units from its September release until the year-end than any other Activision Blizzard remaster over an equivalent period. On mobile, Diablo Immortal concluded its public testing with positive feedback.
- Blizzard is making strong progress on its pipeline, including new experiences in Warcraft, ongoing development in Diablo and Overwatch, and an exciting new IP (most likely the recently-unveiled survival game).
- Activision Blizzard had 371 million monthly active users in Q4 2021.
You can read the full press release here.
Source: News Latest Topics https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/63998-activision-blizzard-q4-2021-financial-results/