How to buy Roblox(RBLX) stock in 2021
Roblox Corp is an electronic gaming & multimedia business based in the US. Roblox shares (RBLX) are listed on the NYSE and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Roblox employs 960 staff and has a trailing 12-month revenue of around 0.00.
How to buy shares in Roblox
- Compare share trading platforms. Use comparison table to help you find a platform that fits you.
- Open your brokerage account. Complete an application with your details.
- Confirm your payment details. Fund your account.
- Research the stock. Find the stock by name or ticker symbol – RBLX – and research it before deciding if it’s a good investment for you.
- Purchase now or later. Buy your desired number of shares with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until the stock reaches a desired price.
- Check in on your investment. Optimize your portfolio by tracking your stock.
Investing in Roblox shares
- Create or log in to your share dealing account and go to our trading platform
- Search for ‘Roblox’
- Select ‘buy’ in the deal ticket to open your investment position
- Choose the number of shares you want to buy
- Confirm your purchase and monitor your investment
Trading (buying) Roblox shares
- Create or log in to your leverage trading account for spread bets of CFDs
- Go to our trading platform
- Search for ‘Roblox’
- Choose your position size
- Select ‘buy’ and monitor your trade
With investing, you’ll be buying Roblox shares outright – making you a Roblox shareholder, eligible to receive dividends and voting rights if the company grants them.
But, bear in mind that you’ll need to commit the full value of the position upfront – which also caps your maximum risk at this initial outlay. As with all investments, you could get back less than you initially invested.
Trading on the other hand, means that you’re opening a speculative ‘buy’ position without having to take direct ownership of Roblox shares. This is made possible with derivatives like spread bets or CFDs – and we offer both.
You won’t get dividends or voting rights when you trade Roblox shares, but you will be able to open your position with leverage – granting you full market exposure for an initial deposit, which might help to reduce the size of your initial outlay. But, while leverage can increase your profits, it can also increase your losses – so it’s important to take steps to manage your risk.
What’s the difference between a direct listing and an IPO?
The main difference between a direct listing and an IPO is that in a direct listing, a company won’t have an underwriter for its stock issue. Instead, its employees and existing investors will convert their ownership stakes into shares that are listed on a stock exchange – which can be purchased by institutional and retail investors.
As a result, direct listings don’t have the same ‘safety net’ that IPOs do, because there’s no underwriter to set a target share price range. Instead, in a direct listing, share prices are completely at the mercy of market demand, which can cause increased volatility compared to going public through an IPO.