Details surrounding country music star Luke Bell's death have been pieced together weeks after his mysterious disappearance while on a solo trip in the Arizona desert.
A report from the Pima County Medical Examiner's office in Tucson, which was obtained by US ABC outlet 9 KGUN9, revealed the musician died from an accidental fentanyl overdose. He was 32.
Bell also reportedly suffered arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease – a build-up of cholesterol plaque in the walls of arteries that obstructs blood flow – and, at the time of his death, had a blood alcohol reading of 0.076. In the state of Arizona, a blood alcohol content of 0.08 per cent or higher is considered a DUI.
READ MORE: Adam Levine denies cheating on pregnant wife
READ MORE: Camilla's cranky moment with Prince George and Princess Charlotte
The Medical Examiner's report also revealed it was a passerby who found the Kentucky native unresponsive at the scene on August 29, not far from where he vanished after grabbing something to eat just nine days prior.
According to Saving Country Music, Bell was reportedly diagnosed with bipolar disorder and his "mental state took a turn for the worse" over recent months.
Although an official cause of death is still pending, Bell's manager, Brian Buchanan, told TMZ Bell was struggling in the last few months.
READ MORE: Meghan Markle's bold request for King Charles III
"Luke fought this as hard as he could, but the disease got the better of him," Buchanan told the outlet. "When he was beating the disease, he was the sweetest and most generous guy. He's found peace now and there's some comfort."
After his death, the country star's family released a statement to People magazine.
"Lost our beloved son, brother, and friend and we are heartbroken," it read.
READ MORE: 'Embarrassing' mistake saw Princess Mary excluded from Queen's funeral
During his career, Bell often played supporting gigs for artists such as Willie Nelson and Dwight Yoakam and was once compared to country music star Waylon Jennings.
Fellow musicians were among the first to pay tribute to Bell on social media.
For a daily dose of 9Honey, subscribe to our newsletter here.
"Goddamn, rest east to our dear friend, Luke Bell 💔," singer Margo Price tweeted, while Joshua Hedley wrote at the time: "Man … Luke Bell … what the f--k. RIP to a real one. Been a long time since I saw him and I was just talking about him the other day wondering what he's been up to. Truly a sad night for country music."
If you or anyone you know needs immediate support, contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or via lifeline.org.au. In an emergency, call 000.
Source: Entertainment News, TV and Celebrity Gossip - 9Celebrity https://celebrity.nine.com.au/latest/luke-bell-reportedly-died-accidental-fentanyl-overdose/8306887c-a7b0-46d9-994f-42a0d781cd94