South Australia has recorded no new cases of coronavirus linked to the Parafield cluster but authorities have issued a health alert after it was revealed an existing case breached quarantine rules.
South Australia has recorded no new cases of coronavirus linked to the Parafield cluster but authorities have issued a health alert after it was revealed an existing case failed to quarantine.
Two new cases of COVID-19 were recorded yesterday, both linked to the cluster.
One of the cases was a man aged in his 30s, a student at Flinders University who is a casual contact of a previously known case.
Chief Public Health Officer Professor Nicola Spurrier today said the man had not been in quarantine for the entirety of his infectious period.
She said the man left quarantine and visited several shops and businesses in Adelaide last Sunday.
The following locations are now considered high risk and anyone who visited at the relevant times is urged to get tested, regardless of symptoms.
- Flinders University, Sturt Campus - November 13-28
- Big W Brickworks, Torrensville - November 22, 12.15-12.50pm
- Foodland Norwood - November 22, 1.20pm-2pm
- Kmart Kurralta Park - November 22, 2.45pm-3.10pm
Two pop-up testing clinics will open this afternoon in Big W Brickworks, Torrensville and Kmart, Kurralta Park.
Prof. Spurrier described the news as "distressing and disappointing".
"It has, quite frankly, posed a very significant risk for us in South Australia," she said.
Prof. Spurrier the decision on whether to charge the man was now in the hands of police.https://twitter.com/G_Westgarth/status/1332868409038553091
The second case reported yesterday was a young child, a member of the family initially affected by the outbreak.
Face masks will also become mandatory in South Australia at healthcare facilities for both workers and patients from December 1.
More to come.
Source: 9News https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-south-australia-health-alert-after-infected-man-failed-to-quarantine/145c5bbc-bb9b-4d91-a4fa-5ef23144e65d