Breaking News Today

Missing pregnant teen’s boyfriend denies knowing about her sex work

Published: (Updated: ) in Australian News by .

Gregory Hill, who first met Tiffany when she was 12 and he was 38, has given evidence at the trial of her accused killer.

The adult boyfriend of pregnant teenager Tiffany Taylor has given evidence at the trial of her accused killer, denying he knew she was a sex worker.

The 16-year-old disappeared on July 12, 2015 after allegedly meeting Rodney Wayne Williams, 65, for a paid sexual liaison arranged through the Oasis website.

Her body has never been found.

Tiffany Taylor murder

Williams has pleaded not guilty in the Brisbane Supreme Court to murdering Tiffany after allegedly picking her up from the Waterford Motor Inn, south of Brisbane, mid-morning.

Messages between the pair show Williams agreed to pay $500 for sex, but he says it never happened.

Tiffany's boyfriend, Gregory Hill, says the teenager was "normal" when she left their motel room, saying: "See you later on".

She never returned.

Mr Hill is not on trial but today endured a series of tough questions from Williams' barrister.

The court was told Mr Hill and Tiffany met when he was 38 and she was 12.

Tiffany's mother, Leanne Dillon, told the court she was disgusted when she found her daughter giving Mr Hill a lap dance at their family home soon after.

Chloe Taylor told the court her younger sister had begun chroming and smoking cannabis on a regular basis about the same time.

Tiffany began drifting from the family, she said today, as she talked about the "physical closeness" she had observed between her sister and Mr Hill.

Mr Hill told the court Tiffany pursued him when asked about his relationship with the then child.

By the time she went missing, Tiffany and Mr Hill had been together for four years and lived in hotels, often paid for in cash by her sex work.

READ:  Driver may be charged after school bus rolls over near SA-Vic border

Mr Hill denied being intimate with Tiffany while she was a child but said they were together after she turned 16.

And he denied being the father of her unborn child.

"I had my doubts about that.... There was no intimacy between me and Tiffany that went that far, so there was no way it could have been my child," he said.

Mr Hill also denied pimping Tiffany out or knowing she was selling sex. However, 300 messages about meeting men and money were found on his phone.

He also denied being violent towards the teenager but her mother and sister said Tiffany had sometimes turned up bruised and once with a black eye.

"Sometimes he'd be violent but Tiffany always loved Greg, she forgave him all the time," Ms Dillon said tearfully.

On the day she went missing, Mr Hill said he tried to call Tiffany after becoming concerned for her.

But Williams' defence lawyer Eoin Mac Giolla Ri challenged his claim, saying investigators had found no record of the calls.

Earlier, prosecutor Philip McCarthy QC told the jury that after Williams picked up Tiffany he drove to Larapinta industrial park where "something happens" while he is stopped for about 20 minutes.

He said Williams then drove to the Esk-Ferndale region, where police have searched dams and bushland for Tiffany's body, without success.

Later in the day, Williams also allegedly set about laying a false trail of communication with the teen on the Oasis website.

One message read: "Sorry I didn't turn up, decided I wasn't going to pay for it."

READ:  Fourth person connected to Australian Open tests positive

The trial continues.

Reported with AAP

Source: 9News

Share This
Finance Advice 2021