A man will face court today charged over alleged property offences in Newcastle and Lake Macquarie.
Sometime between 3pm on Sunday (10 January) and 7.30am on Monday (11 January 2021), police will allege two businesses on Pendlebury Road at Cardiff were broken into, with laptops, iPads, power tools and other industrial equipment taken.
Following extensive inquiries by the Lake Macquarie Police District Proactive Crime Team, officers stopped a Mazda 6 on Minmi Road, Fletcher, about 1.30pm yesterday (Wednesday 14 January 2021) and spoke with a 31-year-old man.
Police conducted a search of the vehicle where they allegedly located items believed to be stolen from the above premises as well as methylamphetamine and housebreaking implements.
The man was arrested and taken to Toronto Police Station, where he was charged with 10 offences, including:
- Enter inclosed land not prescribed premises without lawful excuse
- Destroy/damage property (x2)
- Aggravated break and enter dwelling etc in company steal
- Aggravated break and enter commit indictable offence-in company-steal
- Possess housebreaking implements
- Possess prohibited drug
- Goods in personal custody suspected being stolen
Police will allege in court the Birmingham Gardens man was involved in property offences around the Newcastle area in December 2020.
He was refused bail to appear at Toronto Local Court today (Thursday 14 January 2021).
Source: 16 News http://www.16news.com.au/index.php/2021/01/14/man-charged-with-property-offences-in-lake-macquarie-and-newcastle/