Breaking News Today

Golden retriever puppy needs surgery after swallowing a fork

Published: (Updated: ) in Australian News by .

A 5-month-old golden retriever named Dustin has bitten off a little more than he can chew after calls to a vet were made claiming the pup had swallowed a fork.

A 5-month-old golden retriever named Dustin has bitten off a little more than he can chew: an entire fork.

Adelaide Animal Emergency & Referral Centre posted on its Facebook page a video of the procedure required to help Dustin remove the silverware from his stomach.

https://twitter.com/TomAngley9/status/1255367097942753281?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

"Never a dull moment in the ER.... we often get surprised too! Imagine getting the call: 'I think my dog ate a fork!'," they captioned the video.

"Now, how does one remove a fork? Option 1: remove via endoscope, OR Option 2: remove via surgical intervention. Lucky for Dustin, option 1 was a success!"

Dustin is reported to be completely fine after his surgery, and will be back to gobbling up anything in his path in no time.

But hopefully next time, the cutlery stays in the drawer.

Source: 9News https://www.9news.com.au/national/golden-retriever-puppy-eats-fork-endoscopy-surgery-vet/a6918642-6cdf-42b0-bab1-133593a1eda9

READ:  Emissions Could Add 38cm to 2100 Sea Level Rise
Shares
Share This
Finance Advice 2021