Breaking News Today

Woman, children poisoned by carbon monoxide

Published: (Updated: ) in Australian News by .

Found suffering from nausea, lethargy, and light headedness in George’s Hall just before 8am.

Five people have been rushed to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning after running a generator inside their home.

The mother and children – aged two to 13 – were found in their house at Georges Hall in Sydney's south-west just before 8am.

They were upstairs in one of the bedrooms, and NSW Paramedics found them suffering from nausea, lethargy, and light headedness.

A mother and four boys have been taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning.They were running a generator inside the home after their electricity went out during a storm.

It is believed the generator had been running for about 45 minutes because the electricity was out due to the storms that swept through Sydney the night before.

"It is a very scary callout, when carbon monoxide is involved there can be dire consequences," Marcus Hunziker, who works in Special Operations for NSW Ambulance, said.

Marcus Hunziker from NSW Ambulance Special Operations described the call out as very scary.The family were all taken to hospital and are expected to make a full recovery.

He said it was "very, very lucky" the family are expected to make a full recovery in what could have been a potentially fatal incident.

"This could have been a lot worse today," Mr Hunziker said.

The symptoms of carbon monoxide poising are similar to the common cold, but prolonged exposure can be deadly.

Source: 9News https://www.9news.com.au/national/four-children-and-woman-with-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-georges-hall-sydney-south-west/4a1038b8-7ab3-462a-87e7-cc62b193718b

READ:  'Disgusting' footage shows female students bashed in vile attack
Shares
Share This
Finance Advice 2021