Breaking News Today

Family speak after husband, father killed by shark off SA coast

Published: (Updated: ) in Australian News by .

The family of a man believed to be attacked by a shark off the South Australian coast have confirmed his “suspected death”.

The family of a man believed to have been attacked by a shark off the South Australian coast have mourned his "suspected death".

Police were alerted after 32-year-old Duncan Craw, from regional Victoria, went missing in waters off Port MacDonnell in South Australia's lower south-east just before 5pm on Thursday.

A torn wetsuit led them to believe the man had been attacked by a shark that had been spotted in the area.

"It's impossible to adequately describe our grief and shock," Mr Craw's family said in a statement.

"We wish this was all a bad dream. It's also impossible to fully explain the hole this will leave behind in the lives of all the relatives and friends who love Duncan."

Mr Craw was an "extremely hardworking and dedicated" operations manager at an agriculture contracting company in Warrnambool.

READ ALSO: Boy, 13, missing for five days from Sydney's west

He was married to high-school sweetheart Taylia, and they had a son together, Levi.

He was a keen sportsman who played cricket for the local Woolsthorpe Cricket Club.

He had been on a camping trip with his wife and son when he vanished during a snorkelling session.

"Duncan loved snorkelling and accepted the dangers he may face in the ocean," the family said.

"He was extremely unlucky this time."

The family asked for privacy, and thanked all the volunteers and search crews for their efforts.

The land and sea search for Mr Craw has now been scaled back, and a report will be prepared for the coroner.

Source: 9News https://www.9news.com.au/national/search-resumes-missing-victorian-man-shark-attack-south-australia/68cf4e7f-fe86-4f49-8afa-f4b996fc0764

READ:  Aussie scientists to test world-first Dementia implant after major discovery
Shares
Share This
Finance Advice 2021