Breaking News Today

Celeste Barber Blasts Trolls Who Have Criticised Her $51 Million Bushfire Appeal

Published: (Updated: ) in Australian News by .

Celeste blasts trolls.

Australian comedian Celeste Barber has told trolls to “bugger off” after she received criticism for her Facebook Fundraiser for bushfire victims.  

Many Tweets and Instagram comments have voiced concern over how the $51 million will be distributed, even though Celeste has repeatedly told followers on her Instagram Story that she is working hard to make sure the money “gets where it needs to go”. 

“This is just to those, what are they called? Dickheads online. Bugger off.  Not interested,” she told her followers on Friday.  

“Walk away Renee don’t troll a fundraiser page, it’s embarrassing for you.  Just stop it OK. Look, the last time I raised $51 mill was, that’s right! I have never done it before.” 

Celeste urged anyone that had, in fact, raised $51 million to “feel free to get in touch”.

The longer the Celeste Barber fundraiser continues to take donations for a NSW government department it takes $$$ away from charities that will help #bushfire victims right now.#AUSTRALIANBUSHFIRES#auspol#libspill#BushFireCrisisAustralia

— 💧KORKI 🐯🏆🐯 (@CKorki) January 16, 2020

Why Celeste Barber’s bushfire fundraiser is more complicated than it seems –
Well this is disappointing to say the least.
I was under the impression that the money I donated would go to SA and Kangaroo Island.
The majority will be heading to the RFS https://t.co/L5V5cYanQH

— KJ (@utegirl70) January 15, 2020

You’re all seeing celebrity funds. But most lack guidelines for how the money should be spent and end up in bureaucratic black holes with huge administrative costs.

— Peter Logue (@pjlogue) January 15, 2020

“So, to the people who are trolling a fundraiser page, maybe rein it in. Maybe go outside and scream at some kids who look like they’re having too much fun on a swing set, that might be kind of more your jam. I am just not here for it. 

“We did a really crazy thing. We did!” Celeste said, referring to her fans that have donated to the bushfire appeal she started over the New Year period. 

“Are you kidding?  I’m on a bloody mural in Melbourne thank you very much.  I’m hosting a gig with Queen and Farnsie. We’ve done such good things.”  

Celeste went on to say her partner, known to fans as “Hot Husband”, is heading to Eden, New South Wales next week to see their family that was evacuated at New Years. 

 

Related…

Last month Celeste, who won fame for her parody photographs mimicking “real-life” reenactments of high-end fashion shoots and celebrity moments, launched a Facebook campaign for the NSW Rural Fire Service.  It hit nearly $50m in two weeks. 

The 37-year-old was honoured for her bushfire efforts last week with a mural in one of the country’s most iconic graffiti laneways.

Hosier Lane in Melbourne’s CBD now features a street art piece of Celeste with the message “Thank You” painted on the creation. 

Celeste blasts trolls.

Australian comedian Celeste Barber has told trolls to “bugger off” after she received criticism for her Facebook Fundraiser for bushfire victims.  

Many Tweets and Instagram comments have voiced concern over how the $51 million will be distributed, even though Celeste has repeatedly told followers on her Instagram Story that she is working hard to make sure the money “gets where it needs to go”. 

“This is just to those, what are they called? Dickheads online. Bugger off.  Not interested,” she told her followers on Friday.  

“Walk away Renee don’t troll a fundraiser page, it’s embarrassing for you.  Just stop it OK. Look, the last time I raised $51 mill was, that’s right! I have never done it before.” 

Celeste urged anyone that had, in fact, raised $51 million to “feel free to get in touch”.

“So, to the people who are trolling a fundraiser page, maybe rein it in. Maybe go outside and scream at some kids who look like they’re having too much fun on a swing set, that might be kind of more your jam. I am just not here for it. 

“We did a really crazy thing. We did!” Celeste said, referring to her fans that have donated to the bushfire appeal she started over the New Year period. 

“Are you kidding?  I’m on a bloody mural in Melbourne thank you very much.  I’m hosting a gig with Queen and Farnsie. We’ve done such good things.”  

Celeste went on to say her partner, known to fans as “Hot Husband”, is heading to Eden, New South Wales next week to see their family that was evacuated at New Years. 

 

READ:  Trump Defends Kyle Rittenhouse's Deadly Shooting: 'They Attacked Him'

Last month Celeste, who won fame for her parody photographs mimicking “real-life” reenactments of high-end fashion shoots and celebrity moments, launched a Facebook campaign for the NSW Rural Fire Service.  It hit nearly $50m in two weeks. 

The 37-year-old was honoured for her bushfire efforts last week with a mural in one of the country’s most iconic graffiti laneways.

Hosier Lane in Melbourne’s CBD now features a street art piece of Celeste with the message “Thank You” painted on the creation. 

Source: Huffington Post Australia Athena2 https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/celeste-barber-blasts-trolls_au_5e20ffa8c5b674e44b9539ab

Shares
Share This
Finance Advice 2021