Breaking News Today

Accused killers did ‘dry run’ before double murder, police allege

Published: (Updated: ) in Australian News by .

Police say the men accused of a double murder on the Gold Coast were so-called friends of the victims and carried out a “dry run” before executing the crime.

Two men accused of a Gold Coast double murder will remain behind bars as detectives seek to extradite a third suspect from NSW. 

Accused Lone Wolf outlaw gang members Nathan Miller, 34, and Brodie Singh, 42, allegedly shot ex-Comanchero bikie Shane Ross, 36, and Cameron Martin, 47, at Tallebudgera in October last year.

Both accused were remanded in custody during a brief appearance in Southport Magistrates Court today, while an arrest warrant was issued for a 31-year-old man in custody in NSW. 

Mr Ross and Mr Martin were last seen on October 18 at the Pimpama Tavern before attending a pre-arranged meeting at a Tallebudgera park near the Gold Coast Highway.

Residents heard several shots fired around 9.30pm.

Mr Martin was allegedly shot in the chest and wounded but managed to drive 1.5km before crashing into a tree off Tallebudgera Creek Road.

An autopsy later confirmed a gunshot wound as the cause of death.

Mr Ross was reported missing by his family before friends found his body hidden in bushland at the Tallebudgera park and called the police - three days after he allegedly was shot and killed.

Detective Superintendent Brendan Smith said it was a complex and challenging investigation.

Detectives release footage of arrest on Gold Coast street

"It will be alleged the murders were premeditated involving significant planning by the alleged offenders who are senior members of the Lone Wolf OMCG," Det. Supt Smith said.

"These were vicious and premeditated crimes we will allege were carried out by an organised crime gang."

New CCTV footage of a white SUV

He also said police would allege the men carried out a "dry run" before the execution of the crime.

READ:  Masks 'may increase coronavirus risk if worn improperly'

"We can certainly show evidence that they did a dry run, for lack of a better terminology, around what they were going to do," he said.

Det. Supt Smith said the families of the men were upset when investigators told them of the arrests yesterday, saying the accused men were "friends of the family".

"The investigators spoke with the families yesterday and they're obviously upset. Obviously of concern to them is that these people were so-called friends of the victims," he said.

"To do this just ... clearly indicates the viciousness of these gangs in that it doesn't matter who you are. If it suits their purposes for greed or whatever their motive is, they will do anything to anyone even their own."

Det. Supt Smith said despite the major breakthrough in the case, the investigation was still ongoing.

"We're still looking at other people in relation to their relationships to the crime before and after the offence," he said.

"They need to have a good long hard look at themselves about their involvement.

"These guys are going to jail for a long time and the people that are with them or help them, we're going to come after you too."

Mr Miller and Mr Singh did not apply for bail and were both remanded for mention on June 18.

- reported with AAP

Source: 9News https://www.9news.com.au/national/men-charged-over-alleged-double-murder-of-shane-ross-and-cameron-martin-qld-news/7399fc05-c816-49ce-a474-d5f14b7cd212

Shares
Share This
Finance Advice 2021